Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

You all know about my stellar ability to capture all three girls looking at the camera.

While smiling. And clean. And not picking their nose(s).

So I'm just gonna jump to the chase. Skip to the goods. Head for the hills.

Did I say that last one aloud?

Anyhoo, for the grandparents faraway and all you other yahoos................

EASTER TWENTY ELEVEN!!



Listen, that's the best one I've got. In all the rest Anna looks bald, Lainey still wants to show off her new purse and Emily is doing deep knee bends.



See? I can't work like this, people.

Let's try one more....



I'd like to call this one

Watching the Clouds Expectantly for the Glorious Return of Jesus

but in reality it's

Watching Daddy Dance Like a Fool and Wondering What in Tarnation is Wrong With Him.

He tried.

Can I just say that I loved their dresses? Because I did. For several reasons. Of which I'm sure you don't give a hoot, but here they come. I'm not a satiny, frou-frou, taffeta kinda gal. I tend to stick to the cute department. Also, I'm cheap frugal. (Wait, do you hear that? That's the sound of my husband banging his head against the keyboard of the computer as he pays our credit card bill. Again.) And by frugal, I mean I don't like to pay alot for things individually.

Mama cannot help what the sum total of the bill is.

I have twins.

Ahem.

As I was saying, the dresses. They were an impulse buy (which I NEVER do, right, babe? babe? hello?) at S@m's Club before we left Kentucky. For under twelve dollars each. Twelve American dollars. And did I mention the brand name?

Jessica Ann.

It was a sign from the Good Lord Himself.

I'm rambling. Let's move on.

Aside from the adorable dresses made perfect by three beautiful (albeit bald-looking and squatty) girls there was also an easter egg drop on Saturday night at the church we've been attending and an egg hunt on Sunday morning thanks to Daddy and the dollar store.

He was seriously too cute the night before putting all the goodies in the eggs. He and his purchases were sprawled from tub to toilet on the bathroom floor.

Don't worry, it was clean(ish).

So the egg drop was actually giant balloons filled with candy. Which they hoisted into the air on a crane and then dropped

*splat*

onto the ground.

Lainey thought this was fantastic. The little girls didn't really get it. For which I'm thankful because on the way there I was certain worried that if they knew there was candy involved they were going to put the smack down on anyone who stood in their way. Seriously.


The "egg" going up.



Girlfriend working out a plan.



And she's off!



Hey...hold the phone...there's CANDY on the GROUND and



mom isn't taking it away from us!



Victory!



Turns out Lainey really was strategizing because sister headed straight for the kill zone where the balloon actually busted. None of this periphery stuff for her, no sir, she was going in for the goods. She made us a little nervous until Andy found her at the bottom of a pile of sugar-crazed children, ages one to five.

It's a rough crowd.

On to the Sunday morning egg hunt.

Pants optional.











And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38&39

2 comments:

  1. You had our weekend exactly! Aaron stuffed eggs, tried desperately to get all three kids to look at the camera and smile with him in the picture, and I got in trouble for my credit card spending! You did much better than us on the pictures. They are all so Adorable!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so witty! I think you are just the greatest momma!

    ReplyDelete