Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seriously?!?Seriously.

Nine years. For 9 years we have been very blessed in the baseball world. We winter at home, spring somewhere warm and then head to wherever for the start of the season. I have baseball friends who have moved 5+ times in one year. I pitied them, and then went back to the latest novel I was reading, or nap I was taking. Then we got Buike and it got a little more complex, but he was a good traveler, so no sweat.

Then we had children.

January 12th, 2007 and February 4th 2009 are two of THE best days of my life. My girls are it. They are blessings beyond imagination. I literally enjoy every day with them. However, they have a lot of stuff, and they stink at packing.

So as I was packing yesterday for our trip to FL (again) I kinda laughed at myself looking back on how little we required for 2 adults and a dog. We even bought a car-top carrier for this trip, because the Littles don't like to be without their swings, and we like to keep the peace. We are a family, as long as we're together, we ARE home.

Then the Boss called.

His thumb is healing nicely, everything is going according to plan, but we may not be going to FL. Just in case, though, keep packing.

Um, okay.

The thing is, I know better. I have been a baseball wife for nine seasons. If you pack, you aren't going, if you don't, you will. Thats the way the baseball world works. So press on we did, until 11 pm when I had to go to bed before the babies decided it was time to party.

Then we got a text.
At one a.m.
"Stay in ky until next doc appoint".
That's 3 weeks away.

Poor Lainey...she's never going to be potty trained. But at least she has a really cool "spaceship" to ride in with her posse.

6 comments:

  1. I promise she won't go to kindergarten in diapers. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya girl! I hear ya! We actually bought a trailer to haul all of our things but thats kinda been a hassle having that too because now we have to find a place to store it wherever we go. I figure by the time we pay to store it we could've just bought what we needed, ya know. So for next season we're saying "if it doesn't fit in our two vehicles then it doesn't go", ha ha. I'll let ya know how that goes. We have entirely toooo much stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, friend. 3 weeks. Go spend like 200 dollars at the grocery store, nothing but perishables, then buy a plane ticket for a trip you're planning FROM Kentucky. Things should move along quite nicely then. I'm praying for you today - I know together is HOME. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess! I love your blog! Such a sad story... But you have a GREAT attitude about it. I'm sure you have to learn to laugh and keep going with 3 little ones around and a husband constantly changing locations. Love ya and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could TOTALLY get her potty trained in 3 weeks!!! :- ) There is nothing wrong with stopping every 45 minutes - helps get your legs stretched out - LOL!!! Seriously tho, I know you could do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm sorry! You're a good wife and mom to keep your family together because that's got to be rough travelling with all the babies. The next time I whine about basketball trips, someone needs to remind me of this. :)

    ReplyDelete