Friday, April 20, 2012

Up, Up and Away

My girls love to eat.

Mucho amor de comida.

Snacks are king around here, but they eat decently at mealtime too.

It took several years for the Littles to be willing to share a bite of anything.

With anyone.

So what could tear my still sleepy ladies away from the first meal of the day?

(Two bowls of cereal, two waffles, a piece of fruit, water and vitamins
Every morning
And right now, at 10:45 am Anna is asking for an apple
Because she so hawngry)

I digress.

The big commotion that pulled them away from breakfast?

A flying air conditioner unit.

True story.




We woke up this morning to the sounds of a new ac unit being installed on the other half of our rental.

On the roof.

Many homes in AZ have their ac on the roof.

I don't know why. That probably would have been a good thing for me to research before I told you all about it.

Because this blog is so informative.

Anyhoo, because the new unit had to get onto the roof and the old one had to get down, there was a crane involved.

Not the bird.

The machine.

So we hurried outside. In our mis-matched pajamas. And the only shoes we could find at a moments notice.





And some of us had to bring our giddy-ups from last night's birthday shindig with Joe and Leila.


The Littles were more impressed with the fact that there was

A dog! Dwiving dat big twuck! Wook at dat dog, mom!



than the thousand pound box of metal floating above our heads.

Lainey was completely enamored. She watched until the little white dog drove the big rig away.



Meanwhile, the Littles had already returned to their now soggy cereal.

Apparently, their culinary standards aren't too high.

Which is good, considering who does most of their cooking.


_____________________________________________________________

My friends at DaySpring have put together some great Mother's Day Specials. Now through Monday, May 14th, you can get twelve of their best selling items for 30% off. Simply enter the code MD30off when checking out. You can take a gander at all the goods here Mother's Day Special- 30% off Select Items. I've adored that Inspirational Glass Dome for nearly forever. At these prices, mama may have to do some shopping for myself this year.....

For the record, mama is an affiliate of DaySpring. If you click on the above link and make a purchase, I will be compensated. The products are theirs, the opinions are mine. And now we know everything about each other. The end.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog never fails to bring the biggest smile and lol's (I actually laugh out loud to myself while my kids look at me and wonder what the heck is so funny)! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! Missing you all too, headed to "your" pool next week. :)

      Delete